Instructions for authors
All accepted papers will be presented in the SeaConf Conference and participants will receive Certificate of Participation.
Papers suitable for Thermal Science (see guidelines) and JEPE (see guidelines) journals will be selected by journal’s editors and announced via email. Papers suitable for SBNA and IOP JPCS journals will be selected by the Editor-in-Chief based on the reviews of the papers.
Some journals require additional publication fee. Please pay only fees requested because refunds are not permitted. A visual reprezentation of the publication workflow is available in the Fees & deadlines section.
Publication license for open access proceedings papers
SeaConf partner journals operate a CC BY publishing license, under which authors retain copyright of their papers and they do not need to sign any copyright assignment forms. Any author who wishes to publish in these journals must agree to the terms of the license and by submitting a paper for publication it is assumed all authors of the paper agree, in full, to the terms of the license.
Preparing your paper
You will submit your paper in PDF format using the Upload Paper File link on the Submission page.
SeaConf uses author-supplied PDFs for all online and print publication.
Authors are asked to prepare their papers using Microsoft Word, according to the guidelines and template, and then convert these files to PDF.
Please ensure that when you submit your paper, it is in its final form ready for publication and has been thoroughly proofread. SBNA and IOP do not copyedit papers and will not send out author proofs prior to publication.
As a summary, when preparing your paper, please use the paper template, follow the guidelines included with the template, and use the following checklist:
- Paper size is A4.
- Margins are at least 25mm all round.
- The paper includes the author name and affiliation (full address including country).
- There are no page numbers, or headers and footers, within the paper.
- The PDF is free of formatting errors (e.g. corrupt equations, missing or poor resolution figures), since conversion from Word to PDF can introduce formatting errors.
- Text is single spaced, not double spaced.
- The PDF file is editable and not password protected.
- All pages are portrait (landscape pages should be rotated).
- Reference lists are checked for accuracy. References can only be linked via CrossRef if they are correct and complete.
- Figures are placed within the text, not collected at the end of the document.
- A thorough proof read is conducted to check standard of English and ensure wording is clear and concise.
- Ensure that your paper includes an abstract.