Recommendations for Authors
You will submit your paper in PDF format using the Upload Paper File link on the Submission page.
SeaConf uses author-supplied PDFs for all online and print publication.
Authors are asked to prepare their papers using Microsoft Word, according to the guidelines and template, and then convert these files to PDF.
As a summary, please ensure the following:
- Paper size is European A4.
- Margins are 4cm (top), 2.5cm (left and right) and 2.7cm (bottom).
- The paper includes the author name and affiliation (full address including country).
- There are no page numbers, or headers and footers, within the paper.
- The PDF is free of formatting errors (e.g. corrupt equations, missing or low-resolution figures), since conversion from Word to PDF can introduce formatting errors.
- Text is single spaced, not double spaced.
- The PDF file is editable and not password protected.
- All pages are portrait (landscape pages should be rotated).
- Reference lists are checked for accuracy. References can only be linked via Crossref if they are correct and complete.
- Figures are placed within the text, not collected at the end of the document.
- A thorough proofread is conducted to check the standard of English and ensure wording is clear and concise.
It is important to ensure that when you submit your paper, it is in its final form ready for publication, and has been thoroughly proofread. SBNA do not copy edit or reformat papers and will not send out author proofs prior to publication. Post-publication changes are not permitted, so please ensure that your paper has been checked for errors.
When submitting your contribution for review, please fill, sign and send along a copy of the Liability statement.
By submitting a paper, the authors agree with the terms of the SBNA Publication Ethics policy.
Last update: 29 Jun 2020