- 17th of November 1872 - Through the Ministerial Decision no. 15, the Fleet School was founded at Galati, the first institution of naval education meant to prepare officers and non-commissioned officers through courses of two years.
- After only ten years of functioning, the Fleet School was dissolved so that the marine staff training was moved to the Military School of Infantry and Cavalry.
- 1892 - The Military School of Infantry and Cavalry enters in the establishment of the Special School of Artillery and Engineering, which in 1910 becomes the Military School of Artillery, Engineering and Navy, the education plan explicit including the naval specialization.
- The 29th of October 1909 - Through the Ministerial Decision no. 2928, the Superior Navy School was founded, meant for the training of the national marine staff.
- 1920 - The naval specialization of the Military School of Artillery, Engineering and Navy is transferred to the Superior Navy School, where the training of future officers takes place in the following formula: two years in the Training School and one year in the Application School.
- 1938 - Through the High Decree no. 3434, from the 1st of October, the department of Merchant Marine is founded in the Navy School, which trained Officers, Mechanics and radio-telegraph operators.
- 1948 - The Navy School changes into Military Navy Schools including both the school for officers and the schools for petty officers.
- 1950 - The institution becomes The Navy School for Officers.
- 1954 - The institution is included in the Romanian polytechnic education system through its new name of the Superior Navy School for Officers.
- 1959 - The Merchant Marine Department reestablishes and becomes part of the Superior Navy School for Officers.
- 1969 - The old institution changes its name again and so it is becomes the "Mircea cel Batran" Military School of Active Officers.
- 1973 - The "Mircea cel Batran" Navy Institute forms and reunites the civil and military naval education.
- 1990 - Through the Government Decisions no. 406, from the 23rd of April, and no. 551 from the 17th of May, the institution becomes the "Mircea cel Batran" Naval Academy.
Last update: 17 Martie 2018